CATEGORIES AND SECTORS
To create intra sector competitiveness, now Golden Peacock Awards will be considered separately under the following 3 broad Sectors:
- Public Sector Undertakings.
- Private Sector Undertakings.
- Government (Departmental) Organisation.
Under each of these 3 categories, Awards will be given separately for ‘large enterprises’ and ‘MSEs’ (Medium Small Enterprises) as defined by the Government on the basis of their investment or turnover.
|The sub-sectors for which applications will be further divided for comparative assessment would be as follows:
|Agriculture & Farm Equipment
BPO (Business Process Outsourcing)
Chemical & Fertilizer
Consultancy (including Management, Legal, Financial, Accounting Consultancy Services)
Education & Training
Entertainment Industry – TV/Film/Music
Financial Sector – Banking/Non-Banking Finance Companies/Asset Management Companies
FMCG & Consumer Appliances (including Gems and Jewelry)
Food & Beverages
|Hotel, Hospitality, Travel & Tourism
Mining & Metallurgy (other than Steel)
Power (Including Renewables)
Real Estate & Construction
Textiles & Apparel
Transportation – Shipping/Ports/Aviation/Railway/Road
Any other sector, as the Jury may deem fit
1. The Sub Sectors list is not final and it may vary with modifications / additions as the new businesses accrue during the course of evaluation, as the Jury deems fit.
2. Jury may give more than one award in any sub sector after assessment, in case, more than one company is found to be very good and nearly at the same level.
3. Applications may also be received and assessed from any other sub-sector under the category of any other sector. (S. No. 30)
Golden Peacock Awards Secretariat
8 May 2012